What We Want:
Our Compliance Department is growing and we are currently looking to add Compliance Auditors to the team! In the Senior Compliance Auditor position, you would be responsible for conducting audits to assess that the business operates within federal and state laws, rules and regulations governing compliance and Insurance TeleSales as well as auditing internal policies and procedures. We are looking for an Auditor who is proactive and self-motivated, someone who will lead and conduct internal audits to help us assess risks and oversee the development of risk management strategies. You would also be responsible for working with management to develop remediation plans for non-compliant activities and performing audit follow-up to monitor progress and completion of remediation plans. You will collaborate and support external Carrier audits and prepare required documents and be responsible for the management of the auditing software tool.
What You’ll Do:
In the Senior Compliance Auditor role, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, managing and communicating the internal audit and monitoring schedule under the direction of the Senior Director, Compliance.
- Oversee Spring Venture Group’s Compliance Auditing and Monitoring efforts and conduct periodic and as-needed compliance audits and privacy audits, in collaboration with the Privacy Officer, to assess regulatory compliance, privacy and data security compliance.
- Review records to verify that all duties have been completed in accordance with regulations.
- Conduct more complicated and/or sensitive internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed and document findings.
- Lead and/or perform HIPAA desk audits.
- Document findings and schedule meetings with business areas to review audit results.
- Work with management to develop remediation plans and perform audit follow-up to validate their completion.
- Lead the Risk Management Program to assess risks, manage the risk portfolio and oversee risk management strategies as applicable. Schedule and facilitate Risk Meetings, and oversee the risk survey development, execution, scoring and ranking within the software tool.
- Support all elements of an effective Compliance Program including, but not limited to, participating in the Compliance Committee, facilitating company-wide compliance training initiatives, and monitoring, auditing, researching and swiftly responding to compliance concerns or inquiries.
- Oversee and manage audit documentation within the audit software tool.
- Develop, monitor, and provide regular, recurring reports and promptly escalate concerns to keep Compliance Management informed of the operation and progress of compliance reviews, audits and remediation plans.
- Contribute to the annual Compliance Work Plan.
- Maintain knowledge of federal and state laws, rules and regulations to ensure compliant practices.
- Support creation of internal policies and procedures.
- Mentor Compliance team members as appropriate and applicable
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, health services, data analytics or other related fields of study
- 3-5 years of experience auditing, preference for experience within a Managed Care or related healthcare-focused organization or Insurance TeleSales
- Proven knowledge of regulatory compliance risks
- Healthcare Compliance, Privacy Certifications, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) are a plus, but not required
- Experience with Google and Microsoft suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Acute listening skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and to successful manage time and priorities