What We Want:
Spring Venture Group is currently looking for a Security Analyst to join our IT team. As a Security Analyst I, you will be responsible for protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks, detecting and investigating anomalous activity utilizing log analysis tools and securing sensitive data, primarily functioning as a part of Blue-team activities.
What You’ll Do:
The essential duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing a proficient knowledge of the Automated Security Awareness Program (KnowBe4) platform to implement, modify, and deliver a variety of SACT campaigns that meet compliance requirements.
- Provide input into security awareness campaigns to improve awareness and knowledge levels of SVG employees.
- Configure, implement, monitor, and investigate the CTV Security and Monitoring Systems (AXIS Communications) environment to ensure that daily coverage is met, and recordings are properly retained in all business locations.
- Pull footage from CTV Security and Monitoring Systems (AXIS Communications) for investigation/reviewing purposes, as requested, when an Incident Response is required.
- Implement and maintain physical security access of the company’s web-based access controls and event monitoring systems (S2 Netbox) across the organization.
- Leverage the Rapid7 Cybersecurity Platform Insight IDR tool (SIEM) to conduct log searches, identify Assets and Endpoints in the organization, configure and monitor already established collectors, and respond to investigations.
- Implement and monitor security measures for communication systems, networks, and provide advice that systems and personnel adhere to established security standards and company requirements for security on these systems based on Hitrust principles.
- Develop and execute company approved security policies, plans, and procedures.
- Operate and monitor network intrusion detection and forensic systems.
- Conduct IS security incident handling.
- Perform certification and licensing of platforms that are used.
- Perform the daily on-boarding and off-boarding of SVG employees using S2, PaperCut, and Active Directory services as triggered via Jira ticketing.
- Operate Host Based Security System (HBSS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), other point of presence security tools, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and related security operations, as needed.
- Conduct scheduled auditing of security platforms that are used to deliver timely and accurate information.
- Work closely with other business areas, including the Service Desk, Admin/Facilities, Human Resources, and Correspondence and Fulfillment Departments to ensure the timely delivery, reporting, and completion of multiple assigned projects or tasks.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or other related degree OR equivalent work experience
- Previous experience working with Amazon Web Services.
- Intermediate networking, software patching, vulnerability management, host hardening, log collection and analysis, data loss prevention methods, role, and permission management.
- Strong knowledge of network security concepts
- The ability to work in a fast-paced team environment while simultaneously managing and prioritizing multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound business judgment and ability to think creatively to render practical security advice and solve complex business problems