What We Want:
Spring Venture Group is currently looking for a Senior Director of Compliance to join our legal leadership team. As the Senior Director, you will be responsible for the administration of SVG’s Compliance program. This would include overseeing compliance policies, processes, people, systems, and technology alongside partnering with business leaders to identify, mitigate and prevent compliance, regulatory and reputational risks. You would also be responsible for directing a team that addresses the Elements of an Effective Compliance Program, the Enterprise Risk Management Program, and regulatory compliance for insurance TeleSales related to Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans along with other types of insurance.
What You’ll Do:
The essential duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing oversight and direction to direct reports in both a local and virtual capacity
- Devise, implement and oversee the Annual Compliance Work Plan
- Oversee and/or facilitate the Enterprise Risk Management process including risk assessment workshops, surveys and meetings with key stakeholders as well as develop strategic risk management mitigations that address specific business unit issues.
- Refine and/or develop tools, practices, and policies to analyze, manage, and report risks, communicate deviations, and provide process/procedural changes
- Develop, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of SVG’s Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent non-compliant, illegal, unethical, or improper conduct
- Oversee SVG compliance auditing and monitoring efforts, including external carrier audits, and conduct periodic and as-needed compliance and privacy audits in collaboration with the Privacy Officer to assess regulatory compliance, privacy, and data security compliance.
- Monitor the controls performed by other business departments to ensure compliance such as OIG/GSA exclusion checking, regulatory agency complaints, etc.
- Plan and effectively communicate compliance activities with other business departments to execute the 7 elements; Remain aware and knowledgeable of the status of all compliance activities, identifying trends, strengths, and areas of improvement.
- Support the other business departments and collaborate with each as a trusted business partner to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory compliance, data security administrative, physical, and technical safeguards.
- Work closely with the EVP, Compliance to respond, investigate and report compliance concerns and inquiries.
- Work in a fast-paced team environment while simultaneously managing and prioritizing multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- Provide reports on a regular basis and promptly escalate concerns, and as directed or requested, to keep the EVP, Compliance informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Utilize experience and technical knowledge to improve processes and implement tools to gain efficiencies and heighten the value of work performed by the compliance team.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of compliance trends and analyze regulations and industry guidance documents.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- A Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s degree or Law Degree and HealthCare Compliance and Privacy Certifications preferred
- 7+ years’ experience managing a complex Compliance Program including Privacy within a Managed Care or related healthcare-focused organization or Insurance TeleSales
- In-depth knowledge of the following: The Elements of an Effective Compliance Program; Enterprise Risk Management; Telesales, Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plans, Medicare Supplemental and other insurance products’ federal and state laws, rules and regulation including Privacy and data security laws and regulations
- Experience with successful Compliance Risk Assessment and Management processes and outcomes
- Experience interfacing directly with insurance carriers, state and federal agencies, investigatory bodies, outside legal counsel, and legislative institutions
- Intermediate to advanced experience working with IT systems and related risks to implement Compliance Program solutions
- Proven successful management experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound business judgment and ability to think creatively to render practical compliance advice and solve complex business problems
- Experience with effectively working with diverse teams, whether local or virtual